Wednesday, January 9, 2008

In my country... we make TeeVee

Wanna know how a TV show gets made?
5 peeps. One apartment. 3 lights. ACTION!
my first location day on King Kaboom (watch out!) proved to be hilarous. Mostly for the low budg aspects, but also for shooting content which included a helmet camera set up on a swingset with superman flavour. Sadly, i think in the end watching the set up will be funnier then the bit we shot ... but frankly, good. I had fun, the show is going to air whether anyone watches or not, and it can't be any worse then working day/ext in january in vancouver... even if Keanu IS in town.
oh, and our shoot day was 10am to 5pm. HUH? shorter then the 9-5 haul? We even got paid to sit around like sluts for an hour over lunch! who INVENTED this tv stuff anyway?!

I hit up some GO Train transportation on the way home and was reminded of the Global series Train 48. wow did that show ever suck. but the Go Train was awesome. The kid across from me looked exactly like Tiffany's boyman Justin.

JPod premiered last night... meh. not excited yet but it has potential. I wasn't overly impressed with the photography so really i'm biased...stedicam in almost every scene with NO coverage...you can pretty much assume those poor folks had a 8-10 page callsheet everyday. I'm looking forward to ep 2 though, it can only get better i think. My favorite part is that Allan Thicke ( JASON SEAVER!) is back on the air... Oh, and the first credit? Executive Producer Douglas Copland. Considering Larry and JB Super team Sugar are behind it they must have seriously stiffed Doug on the back end. ohhh, no pun intended. ;)
OH CANADA.

1 comment:

Tiffany Prystay said...

I love that you mention my boyman but am pissed you started a blog and did not tell me. And its way better than mine:( PS I MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!!