Sunday, January 13, 2008

Strange things are afoot at the Circle K



I saw Juno tonight, and cried.
Lately movies are a pretty tough sell for me... and honestly, i didn't find the movie even THAT creative. In fact it was a little contrived. But the crowds love that shit. Seriously i think the cast was the outstanding part. Well cast, well played. And i'm proud to say i've worked with some of the camera crew... nice work. i'm jealous for the opportunity to work on a film that's a success, in a non-X3 kinda way. ;) Even if Jason Reitman was a tool to work for.


week one of work for the Production League down. Week two begins. This time on a project that will be deemed "mine". CBC is producing a movie of the week; a reworking of Shakespears Othello. Perhaps not producing, but rather airing, with Production League put up to the task of shooting the 'behind the scenes'. and by production league, i mean me... and a small brigade of crew mates. I'm thinking it'd be a great time to catch up with Owen Video (as he's so refered to in my cell phone)... last i saw him he was shooting web content for Mexican hotels, and catching the "BS" (Behind the Scenes) of Bionic Woman...ouch, that show hits me like a domestic violence situation. I always kinda thought his gig was pretty sweet...and now it's me.
i suppose it's no feature film, but it's behind the lense. and it's giving me creative control over image like i've never had. The trials and tribulations of the P2 and 3 point lighting... oh yeah. videographer? director of photography? which title would YOU choose?

1 comment:

Ed Araquel said...

Director of Imaging and Vision :)