Friday, May 2, 2008

May you say?

Well, here we are, it's May. I can see that i'm not doing so well with my "blogging" ahem, globbing - as the year progresses i seem to be inspired less and less to hop online and spill my glory. However (!) the news that follows just may change all that.
I have two (well three?) interesting change of events.
the first is that i've booked my flight home. I leave Sunday june 8th. (just after Dman's birthday - the ripe age of 24!) and then i start work again on School of Chef for Production League monday the 9th. Back at home for the summer. I'm super excited about the extended time home during the summer, but at the same time the waves of being somewhere, getting settled in and moving away again (for the fourth time this year) is making me a bit queasy. or it could just be the anxious energy mixed with apprehensive anxiety...
and i miss my parents and brother. .. awwww..

the next word on the street is that i got a show. for a whole TWELVE days. yeah that's right. With Rob Meekison. awesome guy, i'm pretty stoked he gave me a call. and, wait for it... Dusty is on the same show. what! gasp! amazing. coincidence to the max. We can carpool and actually see each other during the day? NO! opposed to just sneaking into bed at night trying not to wake the other... will be a nice way to end our time before the summer... (although i definetly plan on convincing him to try 'toronto; summer edition' at some point.)

and finally due to this show (and my impending flight to toronto) i've had to quit my job at the airport. (ah, the irony) I'm not overly thrilled about that because the truth is, i was enjoying the job. But considering that my heart fluttered and brain went into overdrive at the call to do the most unfortunate of shows (SUPER low buget, HUGE commute, general GONG SHOW from before day one) it made me think that I am really missing the thrill of film. or perhaps it's that part of 'crazy' in me that is just yearning for more punishment... we shall see.

Afterthought; The job at the bar was pleasant. It offered an environment that was casual and dispite it's chaotic moments, somehow comforting. It was definetly the kind of place that I could "fall back on"... but i think realizing that i'm not ready to fall back quite yet makes me excited for this show. Although i know it will suck my will to enjoy work... ;)
I'm going to take it like training for race day... in anticipation of operating again this summer. whoot!

here's a few pics of a recent hike dusty and I did at Cypress Falls in West Van this Tuesday. we are champs. Dusty as photographer... the one of both of us the camera was hanging from a branch!!




1 comment:

Tiffany Prystay said...

Is this hike easy to get to without a car? Note I am ignoring that you are heading back to Tdot!!!!