Tuesday, June 3, 2008

cold feet... hot mac!

In keeping with the theme of my blog... introducing my new macbook pro! take two. ;p

I definitely scored some ultra deal off craigslist... Little asian UBC student/samurai with connections at Apple sold me the latest 2.4Gh 200Gb HD 15" macbook pro with 4 gb ram... not to mention i also scored with it Adobe Creative suite 3, Final Cut 2, Office 2008, plus plus plus... all in at $2250. anyone looking to buy? Little Mark at UBC is your black market hookup. The computer was totally new, sealed in the box. amazing. I feel good. albeit, even more broke.

So it's tuesday, getting closer and closer to toronto land. I'm freezing my jiblets off today in the big old summer temperatures of TWELVE degrees. I'm also chocking on my reciepts with gas at 138.5. I hate to say it, but checking out toronto temperatures, despite the threat of thundershowers (ahhh, god bless the humidity of the east) the LOWs are above the vancouver highs, with expected temperatures hitting 28! haha, i laughed at first i thought it was in Fahrenheit! i haven't seen temps that high in van ....hmmm... ever? sweet swimming pool here i come.

Plans are abounding... I'm trying to find the time to get organized (why is it so hard for me to pack?), thinking about games night at jens for tommorrow/ tiffs to pick up some stuff... Thursday I get to spend with Dusty and Friday is his birthday... lucky me he's taking two days off work.. he is the hardest part about leaving.
Saturday breakfast at tiffany's had to be cancelled thanks to the yuks at Cactus Club...new venue = the best server they have is forced to work. arg. Taryn's bbq should round out saturday night, then sunday i'm in the air. Happy to not be working through all this, but i'll be counting my pennies all summer... save save save?

day three of intoxication free me. i have a headache and all i want is a cocktail. damn those addictions. dont tell my liver, but i plan on having a margarita friday. I know i'm only cheating myself and that's why it's ok... right.

Kegball went off on saturday with only a few hitches (that being a girl on girl baseball tournament in our diamond) but a few games of bocce, a few too many beers and baseball began! i played catcher the whole game, it made me feel included, considering my complete lack of skillz at baseball. My night ended poorly with me reliving my last few keg beers in the backyard bushes. ugh... at least i went out of boozing with the ultimate bang. ;p

I dont want to go yet. I'm worried about missing this place all summer.


ps. i love my new computer. and I know it loves me because with a few simple clicks it already knows how to please me!

M-B-P! DYNAMITE!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll be getting a mac laptop someday down the line. How do I get a hold of these black market hookups? Any secret handshakes I should be aware of?