Wednesday, January 6, 2010

crazy, cold and delightful



this is me seconds after jumping into english bay with my friend Jenn on January 3. Jenn is attempting to try something new everyday for the next year and has a blog www.365daysoffirsts.blogspot.com check it out in my must reads.

When she asked if anyone wanted to go with her, i definitely hesitated... it's january! it's like 6 degrees out! the water is only 40! but i've always wanted to do a real polar bear swim, and you know what? it was awesome! it was a natural high, sheer adrenalin rush. We then went straight to starbucks where we enjoyed Baileys in our drinks and my friends Tiff and Ali were along for moral support.

I hope this dictates what my year will bring. January is always so uplifting to the December blahs and the climax and craziness of christmas... three cheers to the start of 2010!

1 comment:

Adventure awaits you.. said...

this was such a fun time!!!! I'd do it again, too :) hahahah... thanks for being my brave adventurous friend! I knew i could count on you...