Tuesday, February 9, 2010

No one is poor who has friends

How long have you known your oldest friend? The friend who's been in your life the longest, who still to this day remains your friend?

I consider myself very lucky to have great friends, far and wide, to this day living all over the world. Friends i've had since childhood, teenage-hood, adulthood. But I realized today that my oldest friend, Jenny Capel, who grew up around the corner from me just turned 29, meaning this year we have known each other for 25 years.

That makes me feel old... but also elated. Not everyone has the pleasure or fortune of friendships that last a lifetime... realizing 25 years of friendship definitely gives me a safe and warm feeling. It reminds me of all my great friends from highschool and my ladies from university ... how even with the distance, the passing of time, and the zig zag of life, somehow I am fortunate enough to still know all these great people. Not to mention the amazing friendships i've gained while living in Vancouver.

So, THANK YOU to all my friends, you are my sunshine! Here's to more memories, life and love!

2 comments:

VehicularSugar said...

What-tow-tow? Are you drinking? Next thing you know, you'll be CRYING!

Tiffany Prystay said...

I'll be youe sunshine anytime!