Monday, April 3, 2017

The Lakehouse, OMAM, Squamish Solo, SUNDAY FUNDAY. ***New Blog***

Memories of Squamish Fest 2015. perhaps the last edition… or at least in my time; Squamish July 2015; The heat was insane. It was an inferno to say the least, the Squamish valley was over whelmed with heat. Everyone I play with was working, none bought tickets… I was doomed to go alone... So I did. I had to work, we all did. So i hammered thru a Fraterday, skipped day 1 of the festival and thanks to Sean, who needed a ride, I was convinced to go up not solo and ended up able to camp for free. I parked my Rav4 in the backyard of some sort of compound that was well dialed in and wayyy closer to the event then the actual Squamish fest campground, i was very lucky. Sean Jobin to thank. And his roommates. And the Squamish Compound people. That was DOPE folks. #sexshower #drinkinggames #tightropewalking #allthethingsyouwantatafestival I showed up alone knowing that every band i wanted to see was on the same day, Sunday. Except for Of Monster and Men on Saturday night. I stood waiting for them to play among people who had no idea. Has anyone ever heard or Drake? Shit guys, he is king of cool kids. I missed him but he had fireworks. and he's from TORONTO. that's supposed to be my town #thesix #gross #degrassi please. OMAM new window of this song will be worth it while you read :) I had just been to Iceland that spring and was OBSESSED with the fact that they were in Squamish. A super old dude (late 50s+) stumbled into the group in front of me, a small group of young 20 something ladies. He offered his drink to them and asked who the band was. One girl commented "they are like, kinda indy…" and my defensive nature kicked in and forced myself into the discussion stating "Actually they aren't indy at all they are from Iceland, and are super famous in europe and actually are one of my favourite bands"… you imagine how that turned out sending the weird old guy my way, allowing me to enjoy getting tipsy for free from his water bottle full of whiskey and ginger ale and maybe roofies… but after about 5 min into the show when he wanted to chat I basically said "can't hear you" pointing at the stage and he took off…. #winning Cue The Lakehouse; When the inferno of Saturday night was making the crowds drunk and uncomfortable with the heat, the skies opened up, just as the chorus of this song hit… i've never had something more magical happen; The most amazing artists you love playing live, the heat almost unbearable on the edge of the ocean and the rocky mountains… and the skies open up to gently rain on the humans that are dancing together in the heat… "Can you chase, the fire away?"… nothing short of brilliant timing, luck, coincidence… and life. Then SUNDAY; Elle King Robert Delong royal blood milky chance Mother Mother alabama shakes mumford and sons could I have asked for a greater gift from the music gods? only if my sweetheart was with me. AH hhh… will never be and always be. it was literally one of the most memorable experiences of my life. Ho Hey. Lumineers in Brussels review next;

No comments: