Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Two steps forward, one step back

I have arrived in Port Credit... ye old homestead. How i managed to keep my fingers off this keyboard for the past two weeks has mostly to do with the fact that my hands were occupied with much more. I made it through my 15 day stint in Van with a few days of work, a few days of tears, a few days in seattle and the concluding ceremony of locking my storage closet and saying "see you soon" to my sweet valentine.

I was really lucky and had an enorumous group of hands help with moving day. Lau, Ali and Dusty being the three who showed up first and lasted till the bitter (sweet) end. For the record the following people are considered one of my heros: Dusty, Ali, Lawerence, Josh, Brendan, Boris, Tiffany, Justin, Sarah and Laura. You folks seriously ROCK my west coast world. THANKYOU for you're help and friendship!

Alas, the snow falls and the harsh winds of southern ontario roll through my thin (but awesome) brown floppy touque. How is it possible i was drinking beer in a teeshirt on a patio in the sunshine only two days ago? I caught the paper today, Toronto High/low -7/-16, Vancouver High/low 9/6... It may in fact be a rough few weeks.
On the upside i arrived home to two paychecks so i'm feeling good. I'm also starting a cleanse on Sunday (gasp!) so hopefully I'll at least FEEL closer to a million bucks within the next few weeks. My last night of drinking will be Dave Mcleods 60th bday party. I can't possibly be sober for that. ;)
So thus begins the next few weeks in snowy wintery 'oh right, THAT'S why i went west' Toronto. pray for mojo.

No comments: