Sunday, March 2, 2008

free fallin'

Tom Petty, thankyou. You figured out one damn fine peice of music history.
You had me at hello.

so i've discovered the best part of the "at home dance party" is the fact that the music never sucks. and the lack of any kinda cover charge is also amazing. I think my true calling is to be a club owner... and i'm also drunk.. so i'm AMAZING!

I dont think enough people really understand the genius that is the dance party. When was the last time you just let go? let yourself dance? I mean, it's not something everyone really gets, but it's definetly an amazing experience. just dance. do it. just dance. turn on the tunes and dance. you will not be disapointed.

I'm so sad that the scene of just DANCING has kinda died in the mainstream. The club scene isn't about dancing... right? it's gross. like, "please have sex with me cause you're drunk" is much more appropriate...
and i dont really know steps and such, not enough to go out "dancing" if it exists, country line dancing? swing? etc...

A bar with a smart DJ that can read a crowd is tough to come by... heard of any in toronto? right, like everywhere. This city is full...I realized tonight that it doesn't really matter where you go on a saturday night in TO, it will be packed. Amazing. i miss night life... Vancouver, i'm sorry, your great, but FIND A NIGHT LIFE! it' s pretty pathetic.
The underground scene (in Van) is much better then the mainstresam, but i'm definetly disconnected. Taryn... i need you! Remember the unicorn ladies??? or even limeric junktion with a good dj was AWESOME. I guess i need to get over it... Toronto is something that can't be matched... but thank goodness! perhaps the "at home" dance party is the solution... yeah it is!

No comments: