Tuesday, May 20, 2008

curtain call

so the show is over.
today was wrap and it took - realistically 30 minutes, reality; most of the day. error here, error there a few trips back and forth to the north shore and finally i was done with "Fatal Kiss" (be sure to use a deep and eccentric tone of voice when saying the title... it's the only way to make it sound worthwhile.)

You know what? it was actually awesome. Best crew i've ever been on. Not one dept to complain about. Camera crew could not have been better, and wait, ONE camera. Seriously, i have not one complaint and we even got a crew gift. Sincerly a great show to be a part of (even if it never hits the air). Thank you rob meeks. and craig. and kim. and my invisible trainee.

I met rob's boy Koah today. Soo cute, little chubby cheeks and strength like i've never seen in a 17 month old. (*please note my exposure to infants is in the minimal to never zone) That kid was ripping through Sim Video with block batteries like it was his job, and ps. it just may be some day...

spent some quality time with Mike up on the north shore, once my job was over and his began. It was my first time back at the Creek in several years. Not much has changed, including the regulars. although the owner failed to recognize me (I nonetheless didnt fail to remember his coke addiction) a select few did and it was somewhat interesting to catch up on the lost time... a bit of a walk down memory lane. Mike seems in better spirits although it could be due to his new found ephanity ... the great west experiement may be drawing to a close for both of us.

...

although not quite yet.

I spent this victoria day at the Anderson cabin at peter hope lake. Pretty awesome, and we severly lucked out with the weather. gorgeous saturday and sunday with mild weather monday for the cabin closing duties. although I left the wood chopping to dusty and spent the morning washing dishes ... with the warm stove. ;)
It was a great getaway after the show's 2 - 6 day weeks. escape from the city, from the people, from work. And a great weekend together.
Jordan and Sandy joined us for sunday night. good to see them again and to have company around the campfire.

---

I've been thinking alot about my return to toronto for the summer. It's hard to consider the idea that it might draw me back permanently, yet it's on my mind no less. What that might mean for my life here is kind of the unmentioned elephant in the room right now.

I think with a year so far of flip flopping back and fourth but never really landing in one spot for long, it seems unimportant to be considering these things.

Distance is not something I'm good at. this much i know.

this is also why i will never pull focus for a living. ;p

1 comment:

Ed Araquel said...

So, does this mean you're not working on Wyvern?