Monday, May 26, 2008

time keeps on slippin'

t- 12 days and i'm back in toronto.
The thought gives me a rush in my chest...like anxiety, excitement, worry. With so little time left in vancouver a subtle panic is kinda weaking havoc in my mind. Time truely flies. And i know it will again, but at the moment I wish time could stand still a little bit.
I'm sure this is why i was desperate to get back to the cabin last week... and lucky me, we got another three days there before returning to vancouver for ali's 27th bbq birthday party. (ps. Dusty and I won bocce, red team rules!) I like being away from everything "vancouver" but at the same time enjoying everything that broght me out west. The mild weather, clean air, beautiful lake, sounds of wilderness (and not Knight st.). While the city certainly has it's draws (and i must say, the phemonenal mood lift of occational sunshine) being at the cabin is second to none. and ps. it's STILL sunny in Merritt.

I finally spoke to Brenda today. She gave me the current rundown of the "best case" schedule they have set up for School of Chef and King Kaboom. The interesting thing is it looks like i'll be able to easily find some time to come back to van this summer, and as well again before the xmas holidays. I was concerned with previous mention that the show could go as late as october finding a way back, but at this point october is a clean slate with plans to reconviene in November for the second half of the season.

Granted, this will all change. But at least this girl now has a glimmer of hope of keeping her roots in van and her relationships alive through the years end. and its not even quite June.

The next two weeks are to be filled with friends, storage organization, swimming, BBQ's, Breakfasts and Birthdays. oh, and Sarah JP wearing some fabulous clothes.

I dont feel ready to leave at all. In fact, right now, i really dont want to go. But who am I kidding? The job will be awesome, and my summer with toronto pals will be rad. Not to mention a whole summer in Club Med Matheson... All I have to do now is swallow the huge lump in my throat.

No comments: