Wednesday, July 30, 2008

weekday rain blues and boos

Well it's been while. I made it to vancouver. I had an amazing birthday party last saturday with great friends, some serious sing-a-long, and the enivetable puking episode before going to bed. gross.

28. i'm officially not 30. ha. Nor am i really bitter about my age although i certainly could use a job. but not just any job. Perhaps one that compliements my education? my experience? my empty bank account? I officialy have less money they i did at 18. 10 years in the making and i'm homeless, jobless and moneyless. I realize hwo pathetic this sounds and really i'm not depressed, just bored.

I have my new camera, i'm stoked. I'm learning and i'm definetly going to have a go at trying to make this a hobby career. In the meantime i'm sitting on the day-call list for 2nd-ing and i'm currently self advertising my bartending skillz. The classic fall back... but i dont think i'm in town long enough to get a job at an actual place. and i'd rather have my days free incase some real work calls... so if you know anyone having a party... i'm their girl. I set up a new email address; ineedabartender@gmail.com vancouver and region. whoot.

It's nice to be back in vancouver and see everyone... although the rain is a bit more then i can stand. really? it's fucking july and it's currently 18 degrees. As i type there is a woman walking by my window wearing a red hooded PARKA! This element of the coast makes me sometimes really think there's no way I can live here.

oh! update: production schedule of King Kaboom was pushed by about a month... so this is going to delay my return to toronto... At this point I'll either be flying back with Dusty on Sept 13, or a week earlier on the 6th to catch both the (21st!) annual pig roast and V-fest with Oasis. cross your fingers i find any opportunity possible for some cashflow. over and out.

1 comment:

Tiffany Prystay said...

How long is dusty going for?