Sunday, August 17, 2008

Tonight I went to a Jones bones show in chiliwack... but LAST night;

Dear friends,
i'm writing this note in stickies while i attempt to re=connect to the internet.

Interesting day today. chats about the union... two units...
actually it's been a long week. a long two weeks. and there's three more to go. but the ladies are AWESOME. Carrie and Adriene, you are fabulous. And Laura, i hope you can make it out, or I can make it out... :P We must hang out.

For the record i'm working on Scooby Doo 3: The begining. straight to DVD... no. actually it's hitting TV first, then DVD. it's attemping Highschool Musical fame, slash effort. but the jig is up. i think that's gimick is over, yet somehow, i'm still planning on checking it out. seriously, i haven't seen one or two but this movie is making me remember how rad scooby doo just is. and i'm tempted to check out freddy prince/sarah michelle just to see how they did it.

I'm also insanely jelous at the idea of being 15/16 and getting cast as the lead in scooby doo. maybe it's too beyond this generation, but somehow i think it's just classic enough that it's the TIME OF THEIR LIVES. if these kids go nowhere else, they f'n were the STARS in scooby doo. Velma? Daphne? Fred? Shaggy? oh yeah. come on gang! for SCOOBY! haha. jajaj. gracias kunder. viva drama.

I'm stoked about seeing Ed Stills everday. Ed, you rule. one day, i hope to be as wise and in tune to exposure as you. seriously, you rock.

I'm into inventing words these days. today I figured "transportationally challengened" was a good way to describe van. no forward thinking here... we figured everyone would be fine with the bicycle. the good news is noone is very impressed with the hummer. I'd equate it to the fur coat in the late 80s... "i've got money honey, and i'm WEARING it, or it's WEARING you." :0 Why does toronto think it's cool? It's not cool toronto! i'm kinda shamed that my neighbor owns one. i can't even IMAGINE trying to park one of those in this city. "small car only" is the way of life.


ps. Pieter Stathis is leaving our show. I'm dissapionted because it's the first time i've worked with Pieter in IA, but he's leaving to DP an amazing doc on Darwin. i'm totally jealous, he's traveling for 3 months and heading to the galapagos. There's only one other person ever that i've known that tried to get there. Will Litchfield is a globetrotter. I'm high fiving THAT. and Karl wants the waste ends... I wonder what it's for...? Norm? are you looking for film stock?... psssssst; loader. and Jan Kiesesr is awesome! no lie, he's the first DP i've worked with in IA who smiles every now and then. he's also the first to ever shake my hand at the end of the day. Is that sick or what.
i'm talking too much.
xo

ok. it's bed time

1 comment:

Ed Araquel said...

Haha...thanks but I don't rock. I'm just doin' my job. :)

e