Saturday, August 23, 2008

Finally, a weekend... 55 hours that I wont be working.

oyi.
i just got home from work. a classic Friderday... it's 6:08am saturday morning. the sun is on it's way but it's obviously overcast so it's bright without feeling quite like it's morning.
i'm drinking a beer and reveling in my week... finally over. god, work weeks are long. It's so bizzare to be back working as a 2nd after most of my year has been spent as an NFA, unemployed bum. Or working as an operator out in toronto. As ghetto as the gig is, it's actually soo awesome. I think dreaming of becomming an operator out west is going to be pretty much reality for awhile... however the Stills world is still calling my name. I can hear it. It's faint in the distance (and my ears feel numb and deaf thanks to three weeks of channel 1 in my left ear and channel 8 (stattttiiccccc!!!) in my right ear) but it's definetly calling nonetheless. I'm getting wind of the cake walk (generally) it may be to score a union membership in 667 (camera union in toronto) as a stills photographer, then transfer out west... so my time in toronto shall definetly be a no-holds-barred attempt at a real career/life/backdoor debacle of tomfoolery towards some kinda job i'm proud of.

not that i'm not proud of being a 2nd assistant. slash loader. slash i worked my ass off to get this far and i'm so new (3 whole years!) it's painful to consider how low on the todem i am... time. ah time. time you are a bitch. you are slow when I need speed and wayy to fast when I want to revel. I suppose my impatience is really what gets the better of me most of the time...
all I can say is -- i'm STOKED to be operating on King Kaboom. Really. I can't wait.

i'm also stoked to be drinking a beer at 6am. mostly cause it will help me fall into my 4 hours of beauty sleep before I get up for a jam packed saturday.... Starting with a massage from Sarah. thank freaking hell. Moving onto my car appointment... North shore fitness world gym/pool/hot tub... then a BBq and Jen Saltmans new place in... wait for it, Surrey. :)

ahh, ok. the time has come. zzzzz.... goodnight. :)

No comments: