Thursday, January 28, 2010

We Are All Canucks

Last saturday I was in a rather crappy mood. A friend had cancelled diner plans on me, my evening karaoke plans were dashed when we discovered the place had CLOSED last september, and I was trying to decide what I could do to raise my spirits on the ONLY NIGHT OFF of my week. I had spent the morning shopping for some much belated gifts and it was even Sunny! this should be a GREAT day!

Mike had invited me to the gym, and since i'm on my "I am doing the sun run" kick i decided that was a great idea. There is a hot tub, a treadmill and a good friend. As we are leaving the gym at about 6:15, about to go for a bite, Mike gets a call. From Ross my old boss, and his good friend and regular at the Creek. He couldn't use his hockey tickets due to a work diner and thus, would we like to have them? well holy CRAP, did we ever! We ran out the door, zoomed to get the tickets, got back to my place, got a cab and somehow in 45 minutes had managed to get to the game before it started! Season ticket holder, we were on the center ice line with an outstanding view of the whole arena. I ended up having a great night, full of friends, booze :) and the Canucks even won. In fact, they killed! After I met up with my ladies Ali and Tiff for some poutine and managed to get home happy, tipsy and greatful for my wonderful saturday. :) I have never been to a Canucks game and I must say, it was so much fun, i'd LOVE to go again!



No comments: